Circuit Court Clerk
The Circuit Clerk Duties:
- Serves as clerk of the County Court and Circuit Courts;
- Receives and files all lawsuits, indictments, motions, and other related papers in all civil and criminal cases filed in the Circuit or County courts;
- Issues all process including summons and subpoenas;
- Draws jurors;
- Qualifies juries;
- Keeps a record of all judgments and executions;
- Issues marriage licenses and keeps records of marriages;
- Records medical and other professional licenses;
- Registers citizens to vote and has other duties in handling elections.
It is the mission of the Coahoma County Circuit Clerk’s Office to serve the citizens of Coahoma County and the participants in the judicial system in an efficient, effective and ethical manner. All services, information and court records will be provided with courtesy and cost efficiency.
Welcome to the Coahoma County Circuit Clerk’s Official Website. Currently, the Coahoma County Circuit Clerk position is held by Ms. Demetria Jackson who is serving her first term. Thank you for taking the time to visit us online, and we hope your navigations through our website is relatively easy for you.
As the Clerk of the Circuit Court of Coahoma County, my objective is making the Clerk’s Office a customer service focused organization. This website is to provide information and facilitate your interaction with the Clerk’s Office and the Court system. We will continue to improve this website to ensure the highest level of customer service. Please check back periodically to see what’s new. While most records are open to the public, any confidential information is impounded and may not be viewed.
Yours in continuous service,
Demetria Jackson, Circuit Clerk